Aim and scope
Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems (JEPES) is an international, scholarly and peer-reviewed journal (print and online) published annually by Hill Publishing Company, USA. The journal aims to publish the most innovative articles from the discipline of Electrical Power to Energy.
All manuscripts must be prepared in English and are subject to a rigorous and fair peer-review process. All manuscripts submitted to JEPES must be previously unpublished and may not be considered for publication elsewhere at any time during JEPES’s review period.
The topics related to this journal include but are not limited to:
· Analysis of Hybrid Generation Systems
· Artificial Intelligence in Complex Power and Energy Systems
· Building Energy Use and Energy Conservation
· CO2 and Emission Issues
· CO2 Capture and Storage
· Conventional Energy Power Generation
· Design and Dimensioning of Power Systems
· Distributed Generation
· Energy and environment
· Energy and Exergy Analyses
· Energy Policies and Strategies
· Energy Resources
· Energy Resources Assessment
· Energy Storage
· Electric and Electronic Measurement Systems
· Electric Energy Storage
· Electrical Engineering
· Electrical Drives and Electromechanical Systems
· Electromagnetic Field Analysis and Applications
· Electron Beam Technologies
· Electronic Materials
· Electronics and Communications Engineering
· Fluid mechanics
· Gasification Processes and Technologies
· Heat Exchanger
· High voltage and pulse power
· Hydrogen Energy and Fuel Cells
· Impact of Climate Changes on Energy Systems
· Integrating Renewable Energy to the Power Grid
· International Experiences with Energy Infrastructures
· Investment Planning for Energy Infrastructures
· Lasers and Electro-optics
· Organic and Inorganic Photovoltaics
· Petroleum Engineering
· Planning and Operations of Power Systems
· Power Demand Forecasting and Management, Power Market
· Power Electronic Engineering
· Power Forecasting from Wind, Solar and Other Renewal Sources of Energy
· Power System Protection
· Power Transmission and Distribution
· Power system and automation
· Power electronic
· Reliability Evaluation and Risk Analysis of Power Systems
· Renewable Energy Power Generation
· Smart Grid
· Socio-Economic and Power System Management
· Solar Energy Engineering
· Sustainable energy
· Transmission and Capacity Planning
· Thermal science
· Waste Energy Management
· Wind Energy Engineering
Masa Noguchi, The University of Melbourne, Australia
Fernando Amaral de Almeida Prado Júnior, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
Daniel Vasconcellos de Sousa Stilpen, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Ali Khosravi, Aalto University, Finland
Daniele Mestriner, Università degli Studi di Genova, Italy
Keila Guerra Pacheco Nunes, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Liseane Thives, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Brazil
Wilson Negrão Macêdo, Universidade Federal do Para, Brazil
Raphael Amaral, Federal University of Ceará, Brazil
Liércio André Isoldi, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande, Brazil
Glaucia Vieira, Universidade Federal do Tocantins, Brazil
Yang Han, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, China
Manuscripts should be submitted by one of the authors of the manuscript by sending Email to email@example.com. Papers also can be submitted through the online submission system. Submissions by anyone other than one of authors will not be accepted.
1. All manuscripts should be written in English -- British or American as long as consistency is observed.
2. All contributors who do not meet the criteria for authorship should be listed in an acknowledgments section. Examples of those who might be acknowledged include a person who provided purely technical help, writing assistance, or a department chairperson who provided only general support. Financial and material support should also be acknowledged.
3. Conflict of interest and funding. Authors are responsible for disclosing financial support from the industry or other conflicts of interest that might bias the interpretation of results.
4. The manuscript should be in MS Word or PDF format, submitted as an email attachment to our email address.
5. Authors of the articles being accepted are required to sign the Transfer of Copyright Agreement form.
6. Author will receive hard copy of the journal containing their articles.
7. It is not our policy to pay for authors. Instead, we will charge some fee if the paper is published in our journal.
All references should be numbered in square brackets in the text and listed in the REFERENCES section in the order they appear in the text.
Reference published in this journal should be listed at the end of the manuscript and numbered in order of citation in the text, including citations in tables and figure legends. References should conform to the style of the Journal. Examples follow:
 Ponnampalam, E.N., Butler, K.L., Burnett, V.F., Mcdonagh, M.B., Jacobs, J.L. and Hopkins, D.L (2013) Aged vacuum packaged lamb cuts are less brown than fresh muscle cuts under simulated retail display. Food Nutrition Science, 4:147-153
 Verdu, S. (1998) Multi-User Detection. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
 Honeycutt, L. (1998) Communication and Design Course.
 YK shrestha (2007). Flock maintenance and performance study of native (terai local) Exotic (Barberi) and their crosses (F1 generation) of goats at RARS/N. Proceedings of 7th national workshop on livestock and fisheries. June 25-27, 2007. 294-297
 Heinzelman, W. (2000) Application-Specific Protocol Architectures for Wireless Networks. Ph.D. Dissertation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge.
All tables have to be created with Word "Insert Table" function and should be cited consecutively in the main text by Arabic numbers (Table 1, Table 2, etc). Each table has to have a descriptive title on the top of the table. Provide explanations for any nonstandard abbreviations in footnotes to the table.
Figure legends including figure number, a short title and detailed description should be embedded at the end of text file. All figures should be cited consecutively in the main text by Arabic numbers (Figure 1, Figure 2, etc). All figures must be prepared in 500dpi resolution and embedded in the Word File at the end of the manuscript and labeled with the corresponding figure numbers. The text in all figures must be in Arial Font and clearly readable. Photographs of a person should render them unidentifiable or include their written permission.
How to count page numbers:
Before submission or after acceptance, type your manuscript single spaced, and make all the characters in the text, tables, figure legends, footnotes and references in a single typeface and point size as 10 pt Times New Roman. This will save space, make it easier for reviewers and editors to process the submitted work, and contributes to slowing down global warming by using less paper.
Article processing charge (APC)
journals published in Hill Publishing Group are open access. Open
access provides readers with easy and barrier-free access to the
articles. The cost of publication is shared by the publisher and the
authors, their institutions, or their support funds.
by the World Bank*
(for up to 15 pages)
Upper-middle-income countries(Table 2)
lower-middle-income countries(Table 3)
Low-income countries (Table 4)
Table 4 Low-income countries
Korea, Dem. People's Rep.
Syrian Arab Republic
Central African Republic
Congo, Dem. Rep
Table 3 lower-middle-income countries
Papua New Guinea
São Tomé and Principe
Micronesia, Fed. Sts.
Egypt, Arab Rep.
West Bank and Gaza
Table 2 Upper-middle-income countries
Iran, Islamic Rep.
Bosnia and Herzegovina
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Table 1 High-income-countries
Antigua and Barbuda
Hong Kong SAR, China
Isle of Man
British Virgin Islands
St. Kitts and Nevis
Macao SAR, China
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
United Arab Emirates
Northern Mariana Islands
Virgin Islands (U.S.)
*Countries classified by the World Bank
This journal has been indexed by several world class databases. For more information, please access the following Abstracting and Indexing databases:
COSMOS Impact Factor, Germany
Directory of Research Journal Indexing(DRJI)
Scientific Indexing Services (SIS)
The Library of Congress, USA
Turkish Education Index (TEI)
Eurasian Scientific Journal Index
The authors' publications in Hill Publishing are distributed under Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/). The license was developed to facilitate open access, namely, free immediate access to and unrestricted reuse of original works of all types.
Under this license, authors retain ownership of the copyright for their publications, but grant Hill Publishing a non-exclusive license to publish the work in paper form and allow anyone to reuse, distribute and reproduce the content as long as the original work is properly cited.